SOMOTO CANYON AND MIRAFLOR RESERVE
1 NIGHT-2 DAYS
During this tour, you will discover two beauties in the north of Nicaragua: Miraflor Natural Reserve, where live several rural communities which have created a cooperative and have focused on tourism as a way of local development, and Somoto Canyon, an incredible natural monument which was “discovered” less than a decade ago.
– Walk along the first part of the river;
– Short trip with a paddle boat up to the entry of the canyon;
– Going through the canyon using track tire as floating device;
– Having a refresh bath in one of the natural pools, listening to the legends and adventures of the canyon told by local guides.
– You can cross the canyon walking along the paths up to the rock wall arriving at the exit of the canyon. This walk takes 6 hours approximately and the availability of the guide must be checked in advance.
To know about prices and availability, please clik HERE
TIPS TO HAVE MORE FUN:
Wear comfortable clothes and shoes. Take you torch with you and don’t forget sun cream, hat and repellent. If you have a canteen, take it with you because it can be very useful to keep your water fresh, as well as a small backpack to bring your personal belonging during the walks.
Take a jacket to warm you up in the fresh nights in Miraflor Reserve; for Somoto Canyon don’t forget your swimsuit and an extra t-shirt and trousers to change the wet ones after the tire adventures.
If you want to horse-ride, wear long trousers to protect your legs.