If you like adrenaline and extreme adventure, this tour is made for you!
You will be climbing volcanoes during 8 days, camping, enjoying wild nature and great sunrises!
You will discover all the Maribios volcanoes chain, starting from Cosiguina volcano and ended at Momotombo.
Are you ready to wear your boots?
- Pick up in Managua airport and travel to León. Presentation of the tour and relaxing afternoon in Las Peñitas beach.
- Night in León at San Juan del León hotel.
- Cosigüina It will take 2-3 hours to go up and you will have a great view of Cosigüina landscape, El Salvador and Honduras and Fonseca gulf. You will aslo appreciate the lagoon inside the crater. You will camp on the top of the volcano.
- You will go down Cosigüina volcano in the morning and then you will rest in Potosí thermal waters. After having recovered, we will bring you to La Roja, a wonderful private property committed to nature preservation. Here you will camp and spend the night.
Day 4: Trekking volcán San Cristóbal – volcán Telica + camping
- Early in the morning, we will bring you from La Roja to San Cristobal Volcano. It will take 4-6 hours to get to the top. This is one of the hardest trekking in the country as it is the highest active volcano. The view from the top is amazing!
- Once back, we will bring you to Telica Volcano, up to a point called Cristo Rey, which is very close to the crater. From here you will just have to walk 45 minutes to be able to see the smoking crater and the lava inside.
- You will camp in the camping area.
- You will go down Telica volcano in the morning up to a place called San Jacinto, where you can see gases coming out from the floor.
- Here we will pick you up and we will bring you to Cerro Negro Volcano. This is an easy trek: less than hour to go up and you can go down doing volcano-boarding! (No previous experience required. Just follow our guide’s instruction).
- You will camp on the base of Cerro Negro volcano.
- Trekking by Pilas el Hoyo volcanic complex. You will start from Cerro Negro and arrive at El Hoyo volcano! It takes 6-7 hours and it is medium-high level. You will pass by green paths and enjoy great views!
- You will camp close to El Hoyo Volcano.
- You will walk from el Hoyo to Asososca Lagoon, where you can have a fresh bath and you will have lunch.
- After lunch we will pick you and bring you by car up to Momotombo Volcano. You will camp in its base.
- Momotombo trekking. It is hard and it takes from 4 to 6 hours. Once on the top you will enjoy a great view of Nicaraguan lake and of the volcanic chain! You will be able to see up to Ometepe island!
- After this hard trek, we will pick you up and bring to León to rest!
To know about prices and availability, please clik HERE
- Private transport.
- 2 nights in León, tends and breakfast.
- Local guide during all the tour.
- Entry to natural reserves.
- All the listed trekkings.
- water and snacks during the trekking
- t-shirt from El Perezoso
- 20 $ extra per day for 3 meals per day.
- International flight.
- Custom tax (10 $).
- Food during the first day in León and the dinner of the last day in León.
- Extra activities.
- Trekking San Cristobal, Momotombo ENG (0 B)